December 31, 2006

Goodbye 2006

Happy New Year everyone, and thanks for reading. I started LB to keep in touch with friends and that has worked out just fine. A few old friends have even shown up unexpectedly, which is great, and then there are new friends. Dandy.

Last project of 2006. When we bought our house it had about 4 inches of insulation in the attic. The house is heated by electricity which was common in Sweden in 1969-- lots of cheap hydroelectric power. The heating bill after a cold snap the first winter gave me a push to start adding insulation. The project was interrupted when A showed up a couple of years ago. Yesterday and today I finally got a chance to go back in and finish the job.

Resolutions for 2007.

1. Stop writing using the passive voice.
The hunter killed the bear.
The bear was killed by the hunter.
I have a hard time with this one.

2. Read the lectionary. I'm having it sent to me by email each day-- there are lots of services, here's one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Web Counter
Web Site Counter

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]