February 23, 2005

Its that time of year

Those of you who were out shoveling may not have heard-- two out of three east-coast hedgehogs agree: six more weeks of winter. Winter has arrived to my part of the globe (with gusto). This afternoon we are slated for high winds and about a foot of snow. I'm going to go home early before they start cancelling trains.

But I just wanted to let you all know that this is the time of year when you need to be most careful. Its grey, dark, cold, windy, and its been like that it seems since the beginning of time. Of course this doesn't apply to those lucky few of my legions of regular readers who live in Florida, but having known Bick for many years I am comfortable saying, Bick, be careful you too, you are not immortal. So anyway, for the rest of us, this time of year, your brain starts to feel like a muddy sponge. So just take it easy. Spring will come along this year too.

1 Comments:

At February 23, 2005 6:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That explains why there was all this lead in my joints and veins when I woke up this morning. On the other hand, the light is changing, the days are getting longer, and I have a huge project due in the spring, so I want winter to last as long as possible.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Web Counter
Web Site Counter

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]