March 21, 2005

Dogs

Some of the dogs I have known
In no particular order
One neighbor likes to walk his poodle wearing a Scottish wool cap and rubber boots. The poodle has a collar that blinks.
Another neighbor wears sweats and walks his two dachshunds down the middle of the street.
When my brothers and sisters get together they will talk about a spaniel named Goggles that my family had in Crookston. Apparently I ran over his tail with my stroller when I was a toddler. I can't recall.
My brother Lowell had a cool black lab named Nico that I used to get to take care of sometimes. In 7th grade art class I made a profile of Nico's head with clay and painted it with black glaze.
I remember staying at Maple Lake near Alexandria-- the farm where my Dad grew up with some nice little cabins by the lake. There was a German shephard there one time who would play fetch with really big rocks.
My Karkula cousins had a peppy little spotted dog named Snoopy that liked to lick people.
My Johanson cousins had a spaniel who jealously protected the homestead against all enemies.

1 Comments:

At March 26, 2005 4:01 PM , Blogger Matt_J said...

That's too bad. Going to get another?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Web Counter
Web Site Counter

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]