March 09, 2005

Recurring dreams

In one recurring dream I am in a byzantine building in Budapest, checkerboard tile floor, marble pillars, Escher staircases. Everyone is thinking and breathing mathematics and chess and eating goulasch, in blessed monastic silence.

In another I am in the sky looking over a living map of a mountainous peninsula. I search the terrain (which has a light cloud cover), through bays, river valleys, hills, and I think, the fishing must be really good right there. And then there I am fishing in a rocky mountain stream.

Of course, the most persistent recurring dream of mine is that the trains will run on time.

2 Comments:

At March 10, 2005 4:39 AM , Blogger Brad said...

Common theme seems to be a desire for clarity. In one case an idealized environment for intellectual pursuits, with no distractions, in the other an impossible vantage point from which you can see all despite the distractions.

 
At March 12, 2005 7:25 PM , Blogger Matt_J said...

Brad, I think you're right, but I'm not sure what use to make of the insight... I like the dreams, though, and that's enough for now.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Web Counter
Web Site Counter

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]