June 22, 2005

Take a step back

My body is sending me a collection of warning signs that it is time to ease off work a little bit. The most annoying is the muscle tick under my left eye, but pains in my right knee and left hip are also making their presence felt. (One good thing is that since going on the south beach diet, my stomach is a reliable friend and I don't get many headaches at all.) Good thing my summer vacation starts Friday this week. Looking forward to time in the sun, playing with the kids, fixing the house a little, motoring around and fishing. Got to get rid of the cumulative stress of the last half year-- taught two courses for the first time, meetings, students, more meetings, interruptions, phone calls, deadlines, applications, papers submitted and papers to review, conferences....

2 Comments:

At June 22, 2005 5:38 PM , Blogger Kate said...

Take good care of yourself! Your instincts are right.

 
At August 19, 2005 7:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting. I also am prone to a tic in my left eye - upper lid. I have had a pain in my right hip off and on for the past year and ongoing knee things. Must be something genetic. How are your left thumb and pointer finger doing?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Web Counter
Web Site Counter

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]