September 22, 2005

Confession of a climate criminal

'Next week I am going to turn myself in. I have been on the run for years, flying in the face of reason, but it is just too exhausting. The charges against me include crimes against the planet and two counts of theft. But if I go down for this the medical profession is coming with me. They are saying I am a climate criminal and that for the past five years I have consumed unsustainably large amounts of air travel, pumping into the atmosphere tonnes of carbon dioxide that will continue to warm the planet for more than a century. In the past year I have flown to conferences in Auckland, Tokyo, Milan, and Rome. The charges are serious. According to a report by the World Health Organization my actions have contributed to the deaths of some 150 000 people, mostly in developing countries. What is worse, they have found out that all this air travel was paid for by the public. '

Read the rest of the letter HERE.

2 Comments:

At September 22, 2005 7:52 PM , Blogger Matt_J said...

Every day I was getting comment spam on Long Burn. So, I have turned on a little puzzle ('word verification') that humans can figure out, but not spambots. Try it out!

 
At September 26, 2005 3:53 PM , Blogger Matt_J said...

What is weird is that the word verification puzzles are generated by computers. Why then can only humans solve them?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Web Counter
Web Site Counter

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]