September 07, 2005

Spread the light

From Rabbi Simon Jacobson:

Every generation that does not rebuild the Temple is considered as if it destroyed it.
If you are not busy being born, you are busy dying.
If you are not bringing light into this world you are contributing to its darkness.

Commanding autocrats may wield great power. But their control lasts only as long as their presence does. If you want to see real power look at the teacher that never makes commands or demands, but in his subtle way suggests. He teaches by inspiration and osmosis, rather than by fear and intimidation. He teaches you to rise on your own – to shine with your own brilliance, not just as an extension of his. And his influence lasts forever, because it’s not about his presence, but about his power to perpetuate.

5 Comments:

At September 08, 2005 6:39 PM , Blogger Kate said...

My email won't go through to your address.

When we are in reactionary mode we don't listen to what others are saying. I wanted you to hear me, so I pointed out that you seemed to be in reactionary mode.

I'm sorry if I was abrasive. I just knew that you could get my point if you tried.

 
At September 08, 2005 9:26 PM , Blogger Matt_J said...

Hey Kate, thanks that you write.
Try matthew.johnson@tele2.se, that should work. Hope you & Mr. Kate & the little ones are well. All the best, Matt
(I guess what I heard was Da Vinci calling me a murderer and Tolstoy calling me a killer, so yes, I reacted...Buddha's statement was the most convincing...)

 
At September 08, 2005 11:45 PM , Blogger Kate said...

I considered taking davinci out because I also thought he was over the top, but kept him in there since I got the quotes from Wikepedia and they were presented all together.

Tim will LOVE being called "Mr. Kate".

 
At September 08, 2005 11:46 PM , Blogger Kate said...

Einstein and Ghandi spoke to me most.

 
At September 09, 2005 9:08 AM , Blogger Matt_J said...

Here is the address of Kate's blog so you others can see what we're talking about:
http://katesandwiched.blogspot.com/
Kate has a great post about being angry with the Bush administration.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Web Counter
Web Site Counter

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]