October 29, 2005

Don't stare.

I was sitting on the train yesterday and got my ticket out of my backpack, which was sitting on the floor between my knees. I happened to notice that the woman sitting across from me had terrible red burns on her legs, livid, mottled. I told myself not to stare, not to even notice. She was happy, animated, talking with her friends and laughing, and I thought what she must have gone through to reach this point, and what a big step it must have been to wear skirts in public. Then when she got up to get off the train I happened to see that she wasn't burned at all, but was wearing some perky red patterned nylons.

1 Comments:

At October 31, 2005 5:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

good job not staring

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Web Counter
Web Site Counter

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]