October 13, 2005

Scientists of the world, unite!



It is time to come out of the closet: I am a geek. For example, I am really enthusiastic about electronic gadgets-- and I'm not talking about things like iPods or laptops. These common tools can't hold a candle to a gated integrator or the beauty of the photomultiplier tube. I found a truly lovely piece of electronics at the electron storage ring today. Not only does it have the old vacuum tube style numerical display, but it was built in the Soviet Union in 1978! I wish I could read Russian so I could understand what all the knobs do. I am guessing that the title of the instrument has something to do with spectrophotometry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Web Counter
Web Site Counter

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]