October 16, 2005

Top Insults

Here are the best insults I have heard.

Once Bruce Pavalon told me that The Replacements were a band for suburban high school kids, like from Apple Valley. Ouch! Bruce, how could you say a thing like that!

An ex-girlfriend once told me that the only reason I wanted to be a teacher was because I liked telling people what to do. A seed of truth?

And the third insult is from something I read a long time ago that said that clothes from The Gap are for people from Armpit, Nebraska who want to look like they are sophisticated. This one also hit the mark I'm sorry to say, even though I'm not from Nebraska. I've gotten some nice clothes at The Gap, including my favorite summer shorts and one of my favorite shirts.

6 Comments:

At October 16, 2005 6:21 AM , Blogger Crystal said...

Hmmmm....I live in the Midwest and have never seen anything like that!

 
At October 16, 2005 11:22 AM , Blogger Matt_J said...

Hey C, and welcome, do you mean the insults, the supercell storm clouds or the Russian electronics?

 
At October 17, 2005 6:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow. such harshness. Who told you that you liked telling people what to do? preposterous!

The replacements have faded somewhat for me, though I think of them every time I drive by the St. Paul Civic Center.
St... Paul... Civic... Center.... Seven...Fifty...
I bought a headache!@

 
At October 17, 2005 10:58 AM , Blogger Matt_J said...

H. C. said that.
The Replacements bring me to a special place where I could hang out sometimes in high school.

 
At October 19, 2005 8:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heee heee. I thought so.

 
At October 19, 2005 9:12 PM , Blogger Matt_J said...

Nowadays when I tell people what to do I make sure it's for their own good. I read an article in the paper that said that workers with bosses who give clear orders and keep their distance have fewer sick days than those whose bosses think about the social climate and reach decisions using consensus. That inspired me to go to work to day and give my students some clear orders, from a distance.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Web Counter
Web Site Counter

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]