December 18, 2005

The December Club

I have always felt a special bond with people born in December, since that's when my birthday is, too. (This special bond I feel even extends to December events, like the first flight of the Wright brothers (December 17) and Pearl Harbor, Dec. 7.) If I had been born into the fair sex, the majority sex, they tell me I would have been named Holly, for December's flower.

Happy birthday to my December friends:
Jane Hill Hatton
Niels Wessel Larsen
Timothy E. McGuire

Other December Birthdays:
Real Live Preacher
Charles Ringling
Samuel L. Jackson
Nostradamus (same day as me!)
Rod Serling
Humphrey Bogart
Isaac Newton

3 Comments:

At December 19, 2005 5:23 PM , Blogger Kate said...

I'd love to see you behaving like a Holly I used to know!!

"Holly Johnson from Owatonna". Sounds nice!

 
At December 22, 2005 2:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday month. Don't forget Charlie Cauthorn and my brother Matt and his daughter Charlotte.

 
At December 22, 2005 8:25 AM , Blogger Matt_J said...

Happy birthday Charlie, Matt and Charlotte!

You know Kate my parents were planning to name me Wade until my siblings intervened on my behalf. I can't imagine life as Wade. Wade in the water. My brother Lowell had checked out a book from the school library in Crookston and the goalie in the story was named Matt, and he thought that would make a pretty cool name. Thanks Lowell!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Web Counter
Web Site Counter

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]