December 14, 2005

Green pastures and quiet waters

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness
for his name's sake.

Even though I walk through the valley
of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil, for you are with me;
your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the
presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.

Surely goodness and love will follow
me all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

(23d Psalm, NIV Bible)

2 Comments:

At December 16, 2005 4:24 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday fellow December birthday buddy!

Hope you enjoyed your day. I ate cake for you here in your honor.

 
At December 18, 2005 2:12 PM , Blogger Matt_J said...

Thank you both! Thank you very much!

It was a nice day as birthdays go. My family gave me a pair of socks and a pair of underwear and a shirt and a tie, but no pants, so given my health I thought it would be best not to go outside in my 'birthday suit'.

At lunch I told someone I was 39 and they said, yeah right, how many years have you been saying that?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Web Counter
Web Site Counter

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]