January 14, 2007

A Letter from Lund

I am sitting at the kitchen table. A is with me, playing with the mouse, which I have unplugged. It's windy outside. There is a severe weather warning right now for storm winds with gusts up to hurricaine strength. All train traffic has been cancelled and the bridge is closed. The water in the strait is 4 or 5 feet above normal because of the storm.

We are all recovering. F, A and K all got strep throat after new year's and have just finished taking penicillin. I took my last dose of penicillin, for my finger, a few hours ago. It is healing. I can bend it enough to touch my palm, and they will take out the stiches on Wednesday.

It is an unusual winter. We have only had frost two times so far. Temperatures have been about 10F above normal for each of these months--Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec, and Jan is also unusually warm, windy, wet. Statistically this is only supposed to happen once every 10000 years if it weren't for climate change. Several kinds of flowers are blooming in our yard and crocuses and tulips have started to come up. They have put a pollen warning into the paper for those allergic to hazel and birch, which have started blooming.

F and I had a nice game of Scrabble last night. He played words from English, Swedish and Danish. Also had a nice game of battleship.

Best wishes to all, Matt

2 Comments:

At January 15, 2007 8:10 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Okay, I'm confused... You're playing Scrabble with F, I, A and K... Those are hard letters. KAIF, FAIK, KAFI, IFAK... Do you guys play with a dictionary? By my calculations, there are 4! (24) permutations, and I don't think that any of those is going to add up to an English word. By the way, does I stand fro Isaac?

 
At January 15, 2007 9:58 PM , Blogger Matt_J said...

I stands for I yam what I yam and that's all what I yam. I makes the rules around here, see?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Web Counter
Web Site Counter

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]