April 28, 2007

Photos


I finished the bike renovation project today by mounting a child seat. Now I can zip around with our three-year-old on my spare bike, to market, to day care.

Here's a photo of the patio project. Almost done digging the hole. Next comes a groundcloth, then a layer of gravel and a layer of sand, another groundcloth, and then the bricks on top. Why two layers of groundcloth you ask? One answer is to keep out roots and ants. Another answer is that my Reader's Digest home improvement guide says to put it on top of the sand, while my Swedish guide says to put it below. So I decided to take the best of both cultures. I explained that to my wife and she said, The best of both cultures, is that like ketchup on meatballs?

2 Comments:

At April 29, 2007 5:31 PM , Blogger rigtenzin said...

I built a walkway in my backyard using pavers. I did not use a layer of plastic and the seeds get in the cracks and grow. It sounds like you are doing the best way. It was one of the most strenuous jobs I've ever done. It looks nice now though.

 
At May 01, 2007 7:22 AM , Blogger Matt_J said...

Thanks, that's good to know. Our three year old has been helping me fill in gravel-- together we work at least twice as slow. He has his own wheelbarrow and shovel and wears a Golden Gopher cap.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Web Counter
Web Site Counter

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]