May 31, 2008

Bike Basket


I rode my restored racing bike to the store this afternoon. When I came out with the groceries a distinguished man wearing spectacles said that he had been admiring my bike. He particularly liked the basket and asked me where I bought it. Now I know some of you think real men don't put baskets on their bikes but I'd take a basket over a pannier any day-- backpack and groceries fit, and it doesn't get ripped, frayed, faded or dirty. I take three big bags of groceries back with me-- one in the basket and two tied together with twine, hanging one on each side of the basket like saddle bags. Just listen to that word pannier, French for basket! Foof.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At May 31, 2008 9:32 PM , Blogger reverend dick said...

Matt, Real men don't like baskets, only distinguished, bespectacled gentlemen do so.
I enjoy the contrast between race and basket on the very same bike.

 
At June 01, 2008 8:49 AM , Blogger Matt_J said...

A bespectacled man of my meager skills is not able to feel the drag of a basket, especially when it is tucked lengthwise in the aerodynamic pocket following the rider. What I do notice is my back is much happier when my backpack is in the basket.

 
At January 10, 2010 1:49 AM , Blogger Domestic Avalanche said...

Hey, is there anywhere I can pick up the instructions to set up and tune the Suntour alpha 3000 derailleur? Any help would be appreciated.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Web Counter
Web Site Counter

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]