August 09, 2008

Five things from 08/08/08

Tagged with fives by Tim:

What was I doing 5 years ago?
On August 8 2003 I sent 28 emails, to students, family, colleagues. Pithy.

Five things on my to-do list
Modify figures for book chapter on atmospheric chemistry
Call Tim and Mark Woodrich
Get a fishing license from Cabela's
Buy shoes
Read manuscript for Vibeke

Five snacks I enjoy
Cashew nuts, roasted, no salt
Beer sausages
Carrots, organic
Chocolate, dark
Blueberries

Five things I'd do if I were a billionaire
-Buy a cabin on a lake with a dock, canoe, stone fireplace and a separate building for my workshop (boatbuilding, bike building..)
-Invest in technologies: algae to fuel, algae to plastic, wave power
-Invest in society: how to take 10 years off your age by eating right and getting moderate exercise, and how to stop being a moron
-Organise 'Inventor's Club' meetings for my son and his friends every week. Topics: electrical motors, building bridges out of raw spaghetti, soldering irons, blowing glass, lathes and mills, mallets and chisels
-I would make music every day

What are five of your bad habits?
Brooding
Not listening
Bitching and moaning
Too suspicious and too trusting
I should cut back at work and spend more time with my family

What are five places you have lived
Crookston MN
Owatonna MN
St. Paul MN
Pasadena CA
Lund Sweden

What are five jobs you've had
Mowing lawns
Soda jerk
Camp staff at Crow Wing Scout Reservation for 3 summers
Programmer
Research Engineer



I tag:
3-speed
astronave
Bick
Wood Row
Charlie

1 Comments:

At August 13, 2008 6:27 PM , Blogger Fresca said...

Thanks for the tag--I need to get back to thinking about something besides Star Trek.

Can you say more about "How to stop being a moron?" And how would having a billion dollars help you combat moronitude?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Web Counter
Web Site Counter

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]