July 11, 2008

Summer

I know everyone is waiting to hear me talk about the bike I rebuilt. I love it! Couldn't be happier. OK, I will be happier when the Campagnolo chain rings I ordered arrive. The middle chain ring is so worn that the chain jumps free of the teeth when the slightest force is applied. But otherwise, ooh, the feeling of seamlessly converting will into speed.


Here's a picture from our summer vacation when we drove through the Swedish village of Ytterby. The name translates as 'outer town', it is on the coast northeast of Stockholm. Chemists will recognize the name in the element Ytterbium which was found in a rock from Ytterby.

1 Comments:

At July 16, 2008 4:37 AM , Blogger rigtenzin said...

Ytterby needs a vowel, much like the store around here named "Hom" furniture.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Web Counter
Web Site Counter

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]