June 10, 2008

Music, classic vs. classical

Once one of my brothers went on a campaign around the house to find some music for me. I was 7 or 8 and my brothers and sisters were in their teens. He scraped together my first record collection:

The Monster Mash (45)
Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy (45)
Let It Bleed and Goat's Head Soup by the Stones
Inna Godda da Vida by Iron Butterfly (45)
Meet the Beatles

Now's my chance to return the favor-- I just ordered some music for my son, for summer listening, to celebrate the last day of school:

Let it Bleed
Revolver
London Calling

I told my wife I had bought some classic music for our son, but what she heard was classical music.

6 Comments:

At June 10, 2008 8:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

make sure you all read and understand the instructions on the Let it Bleed disk.

 
At June 10, 2008 5:58 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Matt

Did you ever receive the CD I made for you? I felt very suspect when I was writing the address.

Charlie

 
At June 10, 2008 8:43 PM , Blogger Matt_J said...

Charlie, I got the music thanks so very much!! I am delinquent and feel really bad about it-- I can't find five CDs worth of music that I am happy about to send your way. Tell me are you missing any of the five CDs Johnny Cash recorded with Rick Rubin? That's the only music I have around hear. This state of affairs has turned my son into a Johnny Cash fan!?

 
At June 11, 2008 9:46 AM , Blogger Matt_J said...

Charlie I put my fat lazy heiney into gear and have now started to burn.

 
At June 11, 2008 7:45 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Revolver totally works. Let it Bleed and London Calling are pretty sophisticated. Of course, your son is probably very sophisticated. Hi, Charlie.

 
At June 12, 2008 2:12 PM , Blogger Matt_J said...

Yes thanks Papa, he is sophisticated. We asked him what instrument he would choose for taking lessons. He did not hesitate to say clarinet, because that's what Squidward plays.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Web Counter
Web Site Counter

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]