March 29, 2005

There's only two kinds of people in the world.

The view from the other side.

From an old song by the Treefrogs:

There's two kinds of people in the world don't you know
Those that move away and those that stand on the porch and watch them go

And I guess I'm one of those moving away people.

Hardcore blogger Francesca has asked what it is like to be on this side of the transformation of going from being single and carefree and having time for passtimes to being a harrowed parent, wage slave, mortgagee, husband.
Well, I hope my friends and family understand that they still mean as much to me as they always have, its just that a lot of the time I am too busy to tell them that. This blog is my attempt to get at least my nose into the tent representing a social life.

Having a family is great, it brings you into intimate contact with the big questions, like what kind of a world do I want to live in and what am I teaching my kids by my words and actions. It is a focus and an anchor, 24/7. And it takes precedence over a lot of other things-- I may have been less of a good friend to my friends & family lately? Not for me to say really.

I've always known I would have to fend for myself which is why I guess I am a moving away person. Away from a more than pretty decent family in MN who I should visit more often, towards independence and self-sufficiency and my own family

1 Comments:

At March 29, 2005 3:08 PM , Blogger Matt_J said...

I read an American Indian story once about a frog who jumped. Wanted to see the world outside of his own little pothole pond on the prarie. Jumped so high he couldn't find his way back to his own pond. And as far as I can recall, that was the end of the story.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Web Counter
Web Site Counter

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]