July 20, 2006

I imagined my life was over.

Lets say that you arrive to work on a warm summer day and it occurs to you that you have a bottle of mineral water in your backpack. I would advise you not do do like I did and open the warm and well-shaken bottle over your desk where your computer happens to be sitting. Because what happened to me was that the froth coming out of the neck of the bottle drenched my keyboard and caused the computer to shut down. I carefully dried between the keys with tissue paper. The machine refused to start. I imagined that my life was over. I directed a heat gun (set to 'low') at the keyboard for three hours. Finally the system has come back to life. The silver lining is that my screen and keyboard are now squeaky clean and I learned a life lesson and I finished some non-computer tasks. But take a tip from me and watch where you point that bottle!

4 Comments:

At July 21, 2006 5:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

where is the video?

 
At July 21, 2006 9:14 PM , Blogger Matt_J said...

I can tell you that only a single colorful phrase passed my lips.

 
At July 21, 2006 9:26 PM , Blogger Matt_J said...

(By the way I left a comment on your 'Dry vs. Wet' entry but the main page says 'no comments'?)

 
At July 29, 2006 2:04 AM , Blogger rigtenzin said...

Carbonated water is so tasty and refresing. I recently stopped at a store and filled my bicycle water bottle with some delicious lemon-flavored spring water. A few miles later, I felt thirsty, grabbed the bottle out of the cage and unexpectedly sprayed my entire head down with lemon water. It was hot, but still somewhat refreshing dripping off of my face.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Web Counter
Web Site Counter

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]