January 28, 2007

Saddle




The backgrounds of these pictures show the kind of winter we are having-- sloppy and wet. The foreground shows my commuting-to-work bike, a MBK 'Smog Buster'. It has 4 speeds, sealed hub, hand and coaster brakes, puncture free tires, package rack. The seat started to split recently so I plugged the cracks with silicone and that kept the water out just fine. But then one day the seat cushion fell off of the bike. I glued it back on and tied it in place just to be sure (second shot). That solution too worked well for a time but then the rope started to chafe and the front of the seat tore allowing it to flap upwards. I decided to stop being a skinflint and bought a new seat downtown yesterday-- that's it, mounted on the bike, in the next to last picture.

2 Comments:

At January 30, 2007 2:03 AM , Blogger rigtenzin said...

That's a nice bike. Very functional. I love the name also.

I also appreciate your attempt to prolong the life of the seat. When I saw the rope wrapped around it, I knew chafing would result.

 
At January 31, 2007 9:24 AM , Blogger Matt_J said...

It was nice at times to have extra leverage against the seat. There must be a name for pressing forward and backward with your feet-- (scissors kicking?)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Web Counter
Web Site Counter

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]