February 23, 2007

Snowed in

We had a nice snowstorm two days ago, smack in the middle of the elementary school's winter vacation. All public transportation was cancelled so I worked at home for a couple of days, and took a chance to work on a snow fort and go cross country skiing with F. I am sure that I caused the whole thing because last weekend I took the snow tires off our bikes.

The snowstorm was fun to watch-- strong winds out of the east (very rare), bringing cold air from Russia over the warm waters of the Baltic Sea.

Today I made it into work though. It was a wild and sloppy bike ride-- sometimes you need speed to get through a snow rut, sometimes you need to go slow because you took off the snow tires. When I got into work my eyeglasses were thoroughly spotted from riding behind some other bikers in Copenhagen. My coworker proclaimed an old Danish addage: Don't eat cherries with the big people if you can't take getting pits in your eyes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Web Counter
Web Site Counter

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]