April 08, 2008

The biking news

Milk carton joke. Why does the cow have a bell? The horns don't work.

As you may know my New Year's resolution was to bike farther than I drive a car this year. Over the weekend I twirled my pencil and figured out that up to now I have biked slightly farther than I have driven, 1254 km for the bike and 1240 km for the car. Then I had to drive to work yesterday to move some equipment and go to a meeting, and ended up with an additional 200 km on the odometer. Its going to take a few weeks of pushing pedals to make up for this one day. Cars just go so far you know, and so easily. As usual my wife and kids are way ahead of me-- they take their bikes everywhere. I think I should get a mileage discount for the times I am driving them.

Copenhagen Cycle Chic notes that women in Copenhagen with a certain brand of Italian shoe always ride old Rayleigh 3-speeds. I can report seeing many of these bikes on the road being ridden by fashionable women on their way to work.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At April 08, 2008 6:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

good job on the biking

I had to unsubscribe from Copenhagen Bicycle Chic. It was getting... distracting.

 
At April 08, 2008 6:45 PM , Blogger Matt_J said...

Distracting...you should try biking in Cph...

 
At April 17, 2008 4:23 AM , Blogger rigtenzin said...

Distracting? That's all he has to say about his behavior? I had to look away and try to ignore his heavy breathing.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Web Counter
Web Site Counter

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]