November 02, 2008

Family photos are best shared

Recently I posted a photo of the homesteading Johanson family. Paraphrasing Rigtenzin's comment, This really nice..family photos are best shared.

And so here's another family photo:

Standing from left are my brothers Lowell Mark and Daniel Peter, front row from left sisters Beryl Allison and Andrea Susan, and Dad and Mom. The first thing to notice is that everyone looks so happy to be there. The photo was taken during my family's golden days in Crookston. Next, I'm not there; I wouldn't be born for a couple of years yet. Then there are the insider's secrets. Allison liked her stockings and wanted to show them off. That's my all-time favorite lamp on the left side. I grew up with that lamp and those philodendrons, they are my favorite kind of houseplant. Dan and Lowell have cool hairdo's and spectacles. And so forth.

2 Comments:

At November 07, 2008 11:41 PM , Blogger rigtenzin said...

The details are lots of fun. It proves nostalgia is not bad.

My dad took New Year's portaits. One year, he and Mom had a big fight and all our faces show it clearly. I get a chill when I see that one.

 
At November 08, 2008 10:43 AM , Blogger Matt_J said...

Gives me a chill too and I haven't even seen it..

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Web Counter
Web Site Counter

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]