December 16, 2008

Pre-dawn rumbler

We were shaken awake this morning by an earthquake. My body reacted very strongly, I flew out of bed and up the stairs to see the kids. I had been deep asleep and when the 'fight or flight' response wore off I broke out in a cold sweat, took the porcelain bus out for a spin and almost fainted. Things are pretty much back to normal now. I hadn't screwed the side panel back onto the PC after installing a DVD burner, and it fell off, but that's the only effect we've seen. It was unexpected and at 4.7 not that large of a quake, Sweden is not an earthquake zone. The whole thing was deja vu all over again. We were living in Pasadena when the 1994 Northridge earthquake hit, also a couple of hours before dawn.

4 Comments:

At December 17, 2008 3:49 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I had a similar experience in Mexico 20 years ago. I still remember how the ground felt like liquid.

 
At December 17, 2008 4:09 PM , Blogger rigtenzin said...

What did the kids think?

 
At December 20, 2008 8:16 AM , Blogger Matt_J said...

The little one slept. The big one said, 'It wasn't so bad. I stayed in bed because nothing could fall on me there.'

You are welcome to send gifts to help us put our lives back together. Cash is best.

 
At December 26, 2008 1:36 AM , Blogger Fresca said...

Short on cash.
Sending lots of wishes for a merry Christmas instead! : )

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Web Counter
Web Site Counter

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]