March 30, 2007

Biking in Copenhagen

Here are some pictures I took on the bikeride home yesterday.

The ride starts from the indoor bike parking garage under the building where I work. (The picture with flash was more fun than the one without.) The door on this room opens automatically when it sees you coming, lots of fun to roll right through.

Copenhagen is a biker's paradise. There are dedicated bike lanes, separate from the street and the sidewalk, with their own traffic lights. All bikers signal turns and stops. People will call you on it if you don't. The bike lanes are always in use.


Here's where I usually park my bike just outside the train stop. Check out those cool European Don Johnson wannabe's in the Mercedes convertible.


Here comes my train, gotta run!

3 Comments:

At April 04, 2007 4:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It always gives me hope to see pictures of thousands of bikes.

I stood on a corner in Copenhagen once and just watched hundreds of bikes go by, inspired, but a little sick with envy. Smart dressing Danish women on bikes! It is one of my favorite memories.

 
At April 04, 2007 9:19 AM , Blogger Matt_J said...

Yep, the smart dressing Danish women on bikes are still there, pedalling back and forth. A sure sign of spring. I should get pictures of a few of the cycling archetypes.

 
At April 05, 2007 3:10 AM , Blogger rigtenzin said...

I like your photo essay. I think blogs are strong in that area.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Web Counter
Web Site Counter

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]