December 02, 2006

Spot check




I went on a little walk this morning to look for signs of the extremely mild weather I described in the previous post. Winter has definitely not arrived, although there was a light frost one night about a month ago. I saw a lot of green buds and some new leaves, and several plants were blooming. This is really strange since it is December 2 and we are on a latitude with Churchill Manitoba, the 'Polar Bear Capitol of the World.' (From top left, lilac, honeysuckle, forsythe and a plant they call wintergreen, but its not for eating like the kind we have in MN.)

2 Comments:

At December 03, 2006 6:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

until a week ago, it was really warm. here and I was surprised to see mosquitoes in November.

Also, a question: In September I was mowing the lawn at our old house and I surprised a cluster of baby bunnies, who took off in all directions. I thought baby bunnies came in spring. Do you think those baby bunnies represent a second brood, meaning the child bearing season is now long enough for rabbits to have two batches of babies?

yes, I let the lawn grow enough to hide nests of rabbits.

 
At December 03, 2006 9:39 PM , Blogger Matt_J said...

My better half says rabbits just keep on going making brood after brood as long as they can keep it up so to speak, but September does sound late. Some birds do this too.
We still have mosquitos and moths!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Web Counter
Web Site Counter

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]